The series is in alignment with the NEP 2020 Guidelines which recommend reduced curriculum content to enhance essential learning and critical thinking, experiential learning, curricular integration of essential subjects, skills, and capacities, etc. It also focuses on the multidisciplinary and holistic development of students in both academic and non-academic spheres and puts emphasis on conceptual understanding rather than rote learning. The incorporation of 21st Century skills makes this series helpful in the process of making learning mathematics more holistic for the students.
Key Features –
- Learning Outcomes – Helps to assess the learning objectives of the chapter.
- Let’s Recall – Connects the chapter with lessons learned previously.
- Teacher’s Tips – Contains helpful tips for teachers.
- Fact Box – Consists of general information about the topic learned.
- Let’s Try – Builds confidence in students for self-practice.
- Do you make these mistakes? – Helps prevent mistakes students often do.
- Practice Time – Provides plenty of scope to brush up on the application skills.
- Revision Time – Recapitulate the entire chapter to enhance learning.
- Worksheets – Tests the overall learning outcomes.
- Keywords – Lists the difficult words in each chapter.
- Brain Gym – Enhances critical thinking among students.
- Activity Time – Develops the students’ skills of observation, concentration, teamwork, analyzing, fine motor, creation, etc.
- Word Corner – Enables the students to analyze real-life situations by doing concept and application-based exercises.
- Project – Hands-on project ideas to enhance learning beyond the classroom.
- Subject Integration – Connects mathematics with different subjects.
- SOF IMO Questions – Includes the actual questions from the International Mathematics Olympiad.
Table of Content:
1. Large Numbers
7- digit Numbers, 8-digit and 9-digit Numbers
Indian System of Numeration, Reading and
Writing 7,8 and 9-digit Numbers
International System of Numeration
Comparison between Indian and
International System of Numeration
Face Value and Place Value
Expanded Form and Standard (Short) Form
Comparison of Numbers, Ascending and
Predecessor and Successor, Formation of Numbers
Rounding Off the Numbers
2. Computation Operations
Addition of Large Numbers, Properties
Subtraction of Large Numbers
Properties of Subtraction
Word Corner 24
Multiplication of Large Numbers
Multiplication by 10s, 100s and 1000s
Properties of Multiplication
Division of Large Numbers
Division by 10, 100 and 1000
Properties of Division
3. Factors And Multiples
Factors, Prime and Composite Numbers
Twin Primes, Co-Prime Numbers, Test
Highest Common Factor (HCF), Methods of
Multiples, Least Common Multiple (LCM),
Methods of Finding LCM
Relationship Between LCM and HCF
Types of Fractions
Equivalent Fractions, Finding Equivalent
Checking for Equivalent Fractions
Reducing a Fraction to Its Lowest Form
Comparing and Ordering of Fractions
Addition of Fractions
Subtraction of Fractions
Multiplication of Fractions
Division of Fractions
Decimal Numbers, Place Value Chart
Expanding Decimal Numbers
Conversion of Decimals
Like and Unlike Decimals
Comparison of Decimals
Addition of Decimals, Subtraction
Multiplication of Decimals
Division of Decimals
6. Symmetry, Patterns And Nets
Slides, Flips and Turns, Rotational Symmetry
Drawing Cube and Cuboid
Views of Solid Shapes
Point and Line
Types of Lines
Triangle, Classification of Triangles
8. Perimeter, Area And Volume
Area of a Triangle
Area of Irregular Shapes
Calculating Volumes Using Formulas
Metric Measures in Decimal Form,
Conversion of Metric Measures
Addition and Subtraction of Metric Measures,
Multiplication and Division of Metric
Estimation of Measurement
10. Time And Temperature
Conversion of Time, Conversion of Higher
Units into Lower Units
Conversion of Lower Units into Higher Units
Addition and Subtraction of Time
Finding Number of Days
Temperature, Conversion of Temperature
11. Mathematics In Daily Life
Profit and Loss, Calculating Profit and Loss
Calculating Cost Price
Calculating Selling Price
12. Data Handling
Circle Graph or Pie Chart
13. Percentage Ready
Converting a Fraction into Percentage,
Converting Percentage into Fraction
Converting a Decimal into Percentage,
Converting Percentage into Decimal
Finding Percentage of a Number or Quantity,
What Percent is One Number of Another?
||MTG Editorial Board