Our brain is a complicated organ and its learning pattern varies from person to person. Every student has his own technique of learning, but there are some which works for everyone. Here, we are listing 10 study techniques to improve memory and performance in exams.
1. Exercise before exams – It’s been proven through many researches that exercise improves brain power and memory. Only 20 minutes of daily exercise can make your body and brain healthy to learn faster than the usual.
2. Speak out loud – Whenever you study, make sure that you speak loud. You can learn much more when you have said it loud. You can check the difference by yourself.
3. Teach what you have learned – Try to teach someone, what you have learned. It is the best way to understand something and clear concepts in mind.
4. Create mind maps – A mind map is a complete layout plan about a chapter on paper. It provides a quick glance of complete chapter. Mind map works like a chain process and help brain to remember, what is learned. The faster you connect, the better you learn.
5. Draw diagrams – Drawing is a student’s favorite subject, but when it comes to drawing, large complicated diagrams, it seems very difficult. Drawing is an essential part of learning and it creates a complete image of a topic in your mind. Drawing increases your learning speed 10 times faster. So, always try to learn by drawing diagrams of topics.
Books Recommeded for NEET 2021 Exam
6. Watch related video of the topic – Try to watch related videos of the topic on the internet. As we all know, a video work much better than the rest of the other methods of studying. It creates a continuous moving chain linked process in mind to memorize things. It will make your learning easier.
7. Create flash cards – Creating flash cards is a nice way to learn tough topics. Write down hard topics over flash cards and stick them at the places, where you can see them easily. Flash cards are the small notes on a tough topic on sticky papers.
8. Listen correct music – Music work like a medicine to soothe and relax the mind. It not only works as a stress buster but also as a brain booster. During exam time, correct music breaks are very much needed for proper learning.
9. Practice – There is a saying, “Practice makes a man perfect” and it is true. The more you practice, the more your brain learns it. So, practice to be confident during exam.
10. Use Scents or Gum to Jog Your Memory – This may seem a bit random, but spraying an unfamiliar scent while you’re studying can help jog your memory when you spray it again just before an exam. Chewing a strange kind of gum will work the same way.
Our final piece of advice for those of you sitting exams is to stay positive. It’s amazing how a positive attitude can impact on your exam results or motivate you to complete that assignment when all you want to do is go to bed! And don’t forget to try these 10 techniques to improve memory.